Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bits & Pieces: Prayer Promises

"Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him And let him see My salvation," (Psalm 91:14--16).

In an amazing series of promises, the Lord God pledges Himself to His people, all on the basis of two conditions: loving Him, and knowing Him. To the one who is committed to loving and learning Who He is, the Lord promises 8 things--- deliverance, security, answered prayer, His presence through trouble, rescue, honor, longevity, and salvation.
What choice rewards are these which await the one who purposes to love the Lord and to know His Name! Sadly, many experience so few of these blessings, because we are unwilling to pay the price of time and energy. Oh that we would do whatever it takes to love Him unreservedly, and know Him intimately.

No comments: