Sunday, May 27, 2007

Bits and Pieces: Love

"Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love," (John 15:9,10).

* What depth of truth is represented in the little phrase, 'just as.' Who can fathom the love the Lord Jesus has for us as believers, when it is exactly the same love that the Father has for Him? And how are we to abide in this love? By obedience to our Lord's commands--- our goal being the same obedience the Lord Jesus gave to His Father's commands.

* Such profound principles portrayed in such simple relationships! We as believers are actually loved by the Lord Jesus in the exact same way He is loved by the Father! And to abide in this love, we are to obey our Lord's commands even as He obeyed His Father's commands. Oh, the deepening of our commitment these verses require!

No comments: