Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bits and Pieces: Strength

"To You, O LORD, I call; My rock, do not be deaf to me, For if You are silent to me, I will become like those who go down to the pit. Blessed be the LORD, Because He has heard the voice of my supplication. The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him, " (Psalm 28:1, 6, 7).

* The more intensely-felt the prayer burden, the greater the need to know that God hears and cares. David feels it keenly here, and when we, like him, trust the LORD as our strength and shield, we are helped. Thank the LORD for His wise answers to your praying--- and for His strength to persevere.

* In his weakness and vulnerability, David cried out to the LORD for rescue from his enemies. As his strength and shield, the LORD responded in power, preserving the man after His own heart. Should we expect the same demonstration of His strength for us? (I John 5:14, 15)

* David's confident trust in the strong protection of the LORD was justified time and again throughout his life. And his response to the LORD's faithfulness was thankful song, and joyful declaration.
Is there a song of praise in your heart, and a good word about the LORD on your lips?

No comments: