Monday, May 28, 2007

Bits and Pieces: Hope

"For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day," (II Timothy 1:12).

* Here in the last of the letters we have from the pen of the apostle Paul, he affirms the certainty of his hope in the faithfulness of His Savior. For, the hope of the Christian faith is in a Person, not in an organization, denomination, or set of beliefs. Only as our hope is fixed completely on the Lord Jesus Christ is our faith eternally secure.

* These words, written only weeks before his death, express beautifully the bold hope Paul had in the trustworthiness of the Lord Jesus. He was not the least bit ashamed of the suffering he had endured, because he knew intimately the One who died in his behalf. His was a confident hope to the end.

No comments: