Monday, April 21, 2008

Putting On the Armor

May my rebellious thoughts be taken captive now, Father, to Your obedience, brought into submission by the blessed Holy Spirit, centered upon the Savior, protected by the helmet of salvation. The enemy of my soul is a master of distraction, caring nothing for what he uses, so long as he keeps my thoughts away from You. Thank You for the sword of Your Word, by which I can be neither ignorant of his schemes, nor defeated by his designs. Teach me to wield it with great effect, Father, bringing verses to mind when most needed. Cover my heart with the breastplate of righteousness, too, that it may be shielded in holiness. For, it is more deceitful than all else, and is desperately sick (Jer. 17:9). You know my need to be protected by Your truth in the tenderest areas of my life; thus, I would ask that my loins be girded with Truth. And be pleased to restore a sensitivity to those around me, Father, by having my feet shod with the preparation of the gospel, so that wherever I travel today, I may be usable for sharing a word of good news concerning the Savior.
In His Name I ask,
Amen.

No comments: