Monday, May 28, 2007

Bits and Pieces: Hope

"Rescue me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, Out of the grasp of the wrongdoer and ruthless man, For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth. By You I have been sustained from my birth; You are He who took me from my mother's womb; My praise is continually of You," (Psalm 71:4--6).

* In this prayer of an old man for deliverance, we find the elderly psalmist giving grateful testimony to the Lord's faithfulness. From the days of his youth, he had made the Lord God his confident hope, and had never been disappointed. And such is the testimony of every older believer who has genuinely made the Lord his only hope.

* In this psalm of confident trust and thankful testimony, the writer reflects on the trustworthy Source of his hope. What a picture of hope that does not disappoint! Oh, that our lives in later years may radiate the same message of unflagging hope in the Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments: