Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret, it leads only to evildoing." Psalm 37:7a, 8b

Thank You for this reminder, Father... in the urgency of decisions, and the impatience of my flesh, fretting sets in and peace vanishes. Worse, Your blessed Spirit is grieved and quenched...grieved that I aquiesced to the enemy, and quenched that I said "no" to Your Spirit... resulting in loss of fellowship, and a defiled conscience.

Teach me afresh that fretting is sin, that worry slanders Your promises, and staring at circumstances invites a spirit of fear. Rivet my gaze again upon the One Who is the Author and Finisher of my faith, determined to trust and rest in His sufficiency. Through the use of Your Truth to my wearied spirit, may I feed on Your faithfulness, encouraged to faith You for the future.
Thank You for Isaiah 41:10 " 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' "
Thank You, gracious Father, for Your precious and magnificent promises, through and by which Your Spirit does His work of restoration.
In the Lord Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments: