Monday, January 31, 2011

The Mighty One

Father,
Choice and sacred moments, these, to muse upon Your majesty and grandeur! High and lifted up, and greatly exalted are You, with the angelic host praising You in antiphonal awe: "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty!" O Father, bring home to my harried heart the truth of Your might, nourishing it afresh with Your Word:

" 'Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?' 'Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You' " (Jeremiah 32:27,17).

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand," (Isaiah 41:10).


How easily distracted this deceitful heart, staring at circumstances instead of gazing at You, my God. Such unspeakable peace when Your Spirit of might and power permeates my perspective, focusing on Your sufficiency, pondering Your promises, and rejoicing in Your perfect faithfulness and love!
Thank You for such a transforming, warming work on this otherwise cold and hardened heart, for showing Yourself so very strong O mighty Lord.
In Your risen Son's Name, I pray,
Amen.























No comments: