Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Inner Prayer Closet

Father, backed against the wall of life's onslaught, targeted by the flaming missiles of the evil one, both working in conjunction with my flesh, to Whom shall I go, if not to You, my Lord? You alone have the words of eternal life. Only You can nourish my inner man... as You bring to my remembrance wonderful promises, applied by Your precious Spirit: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it."

O Father, may the blood of Your risen Son cleanse my wayward heart, so that my thoughts are taken captive to Your obedience. Grant grace to embrace Your grace. May Your Spirit's softening work increase my spirit's willingness to obey Your truth. Deepen my desire to do the hard thing, to refuse the spirit of ease which so often holds my heart hostage.

Instill determination to take sides against myself, without excuses, when Your Spirit confronts me with sin. In repentance and restoration there is growth in grace and the knowledge of You, which produces such peace...

Forgive my fearing, Father. Worry impugns Your faithful character, and takes on future concerns You never intended for me to assume. Magnify Your promises in my memory, please... so that all I hear in my thoughts is Your assurance: "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Thank You, blessed Lord,
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.












No comments: