Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Prayerful Contemplations

"Blessed Father,
Grant grace that I may muse upon You as You are worthy, for a few choice moments here in the cool of the day. I plea Your Spirit's filling work, softening this heart so easily hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. Too, may the blood of Your sinless Son do a cleansing work, restoring our broken fellowship and healing my defiled conscience, I pray.

Enormous is the need I sense for repentance, that faithful confrontation Your blessed Spirit initiates just when needed the most...forcing the wayward believer to face the fact that drifting has occurred.
Such discipline is sorrowful, even as Heb. 12:11 declares, yet well worth the peaceful fruit of righteousness after Your chastening is done.
Praise to Your Name, Father, for Your faithful love and holy dealings with Your children!
In the Lord Jesus' Name,
Amen."